Your Sunroom Can Boost Your Health
The warm weather and sunny days are fast approaching. You can enjoy all that glorious sunshine while being protected from the elements with a sunroom.
Besides increasing the value of your home, all that sunlight streaming in through the windows of the sunroom can provide several health benefits to you and your family.
- Lower blood pressure. The Universities of Southampton and Edinburgh carried out a research in 2013, showing that regular exposure to UVA light can help reduce blood pressure, lowering the risk of heart attack and stroke. During the study, people with normal blood pressure saw their blood pressure lower. The conclusion hypothesized an even greater reduction of blood pressure for those already prone to high blood pressure.
- Improve mood. Sunlight affects your serotonin, endorphins, and nitric oxide levels. Research has shown that ultraviolet (UV) light stimulates skin cells to make endorphins, a recognized mood-booster. Serotonin can also boost your energy level.
- Reduce the risk of seasonal affective disorder (SAD). The sunroom can offer extra sun exposure that helps in the battle against SAD. Lack of sunlight for a long time can cause fatigue and mood changes, and the sun can naturally trigger the production of serotonin.
- Boost energy and productivity: Mitochondria produces energy in our cells that our body uses for activities like walking, running, working, talking, etc. Sunlight promotes the mitochondria’s activity. This energy boost from sunlight exposure contributes to increased productivity and energy.
Multiple conditions and ills are caused by chronic stress. Your sunroom can be the perfect source of relaxation. Here are some stress-relieving uses for your sunroom.
- Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness Space: There are several health benefits from practicing yoga, such as improving flexibility, correcting posture and eliminating pain. It can better your muscle, bone and joint health. It can also help with blood flow and blood sugar. Yoga and meditation can help you focus and enhance problem-solving skills.
- Fitness Center or Home Gym: The sunny, open sunroom environment encourages people to exercise regularly, resulting in multiple health benefits. Expect to feel better, sleep better and all in the comfort of your own home.
- Vacation Retreat: Do you have a favourite vacation spot? A cottage or a beach house? You can decorate your sunroom to replicate your vacation retreat. You might feel better just by being inside of it! Have a hammock installed, add stereo and put on some relaxing music.
- Nature Indoors: Why not use the space and the sunlight to build your own indoor garden all year round? Grow your plants and herbs or even make your own private jungle!
- Entertainment Room: Install a big TV or a projector, build a private movie theatre and invite friends over to watch football. Furnish it with a card table, a table football table, a pool table, and let the games begin!
- Craft or Hobby Room: Bring your craft material or some books to your sunroom. Use the space for your hobbies and favourite de-stressing activities. Plus, the natural sunlight is best for reading or sewing – it’s so much easier on the eyes.
Who would have thought that sunrooms could have so many health benefits and de-stressing uses? Improve your physical and mental health, feel like you are outside but without the insects and sunburn with a fabulous sunroom.
Sunshine Sunrooms has been helping homeowners design and build beautiful sunrooms since 1993. We offer individualized services based on each of our client’s specific budgets, vision and needs.
Call us at (972) 243-5390 for all your sunroom design, construction, and repair needs or click here to request a quote.