If you have a pool at home, you know that there are plenty of benefits. It’s a great gathering place for parties and for relaxing poolside after a long day at work. For families, having a pool is a great way to have a good time at home and it provides kids with hours of entertainment. Residential pools get a lot of use and it makes sense to protect that investment.
If your pool doesn’t already have an enclosure or screen, it might be time to think about this type of upgrade. Here, we’ll take a look at how pool enclosures function and what you need to know before getting one installed.
Top Benefits of Pool Screens and Enclosures
Just as a pool has a lot of benefits, the same is true of pool screens. Top pool enclosure benefits include the following:
- Protection from the sun: In states where it is sunny most of the time, a professionally-installed pool screen serves as protection from direct sun exposure. Pool screens act as a buffer between your skin and harmful UV rays. Additionally, this filtering effect is a great way to maintain cooler water temperatures Not only that, but a pool screen can protect your patio furniture from the sun, helping to extend its life.
- Makes pool cleaning easier: Without a pool enclosure, it is very easy for leaves and other debris to get into your pool, which can make cleaning a pain. Pool screens keep this debris out of your pool, saving you the time and hassle. Also, screens keep wildlife and pests from accidentally getting into your pool.
- Specially designed to withstand the elements: From brutal summer heat to harsh winds, today’s pool screens are built to last. This is particularly useful in states like Texas that are sometimes exposed to severe weather.
- Reduced water and chemical evaporation: chemicals like chlorine and Algaecide are a standard part of regular pool maintenance but some evaporation is bound to happen without a barrier. When you install a pool screen, there is less evaporation of water and chemicals, which will save you money.
- Adds value to your home: A pool screen is a popular addition that can enhance the visual appeal of your home and add to its market value.
Do You Need a Pool Screen?
For people who have a pool installed, the decision to add on an enclosure should be well-thought-out. There are a few things to think about before making a final decision about the process.
The size of your pool should be the first thing you consider. Modern pool screens are available in various sizes and configurations, and professional installers will be able to guide you in the selection process. If you regularly entertain large crowds, it may be a good idea to invest in a larger enclosure. However, if your pool will primarily be used for private use, a smaller pool screen might make more sense and will be more cost-effective.
The next thing to consider is the existing pool deck. It is relatively easy to install a pool screen on a well-maintained pool deck. If you notice your pool deck is in need of repair, it is recommended that it be repaired or replaced before installing a pool screen or enclosure.
Always make sure your pool and the surrounding deck area are adequately prepared for a pool screen installation. Your local government may have specific rules for the installation of screens, so it is important to make sure yours will be up to code. The right contractor will make sure your pool enclosure is in compliance.
And finally, choose the type of pool screen that makes the most sense for your situation. For example, if you have pets or young children, think in terms of safety and durability when choosing a screen. If you live in a particularly sunny area, consider a solar screen that offers shade and sun protection.
Trust the Pros at Sunshine Sunrooms
No matter what type of enclosure you decide on, always contact a reputable company to install and maintain your new pool enclosure. When selecting a company to install your pool screen, it is important to have a professional contractor that you can rely on. They will be able to answer your questions, explain the benefits of specific models, and help you stay on schedule and on budget. A professional contractor will have no problem communicating with you every step of the way to make sure you are satisfied.
Working with homeowners in the Dallas, Texas, area for more than 25 years, Sunshine Sunrooms is the go-to for professional pool screen installation.