A beautiful addition to a home, sunrooms provide a way to enjoy the outdoors no matter the weather, however, after some time, your sunroom may require repair.
Even the most well-constructed sunroom can develop issues with the siding, glass, or other components. Whether it is normal wear and tear or weather damage, many things can contribute to your sunroom’s deterioration.
Interior leaking is one of the main signs that there are issues that need to be addressed in your sunroom. Causes of sunroom leaks can include:
- A defective or damaged roof: If your home’s roof is improperly maintained, it can cause your sunroom to leak.
- Improper installation: If the sunroom was not properly constructed, gaps can occur that allow water to get in.
- Subpar materials: A sunroom built with cheaper materials tends to have issues with leaking.
Some smaller leaks can be remedied by the homeowner, particularly if the leak is stemming from a window frame. There are times when dirt or debris accumulates in the weep holes of the frame, causing water to build up and cause leaks. Clear away any debris and see if that remedies the issue. If not, consult a professional who can troubleshoot and provide solutions.
Top Maintenance Tips
The best way to prevent major damage to your sunroom is regular maintenance. DIY care and cleaning can help keep your sunroom in good shape for the long term.
- Keep the exterior clean and free of debris
- Wipe interior and exterior caulk with denatured alcohol
- To clean walls, use gentle cleaning agents to avoid damaging surfaces
- Remove overgrown trees and shrubbery to avoid damage to windows and accumulation of dead leaves
- Lubricate window locks and door hinges
- Replace damaged weather seals
- Observe your sunroom for signs of mold
- Clean window screens with a gentle brush and allow them to fully dry before putting them back in place
The Professional Sunroom Maintenance and Repair You Need
Something we hear quite often from homeowners is that they’ve had trouble finding someone to repair their sunroom, that many sunroom companies don’t want to repair a sunroom that they haven’t built (and sometimes they won’t repair a sunroom that they have built).
We’re not like that. We will repair your sunroom, regardless of who built it. Here are some of the common repairs that we do:
- Leak Repair
- Glass Replacement
- Fogged Glass
- Hail Damage
- Structural Damage
- AC Units
- Structure Separation
- Rotting Siding
- Solar Screens
If you are looking for sunroom repair, Sunshine Sunrooms is a trusted provider with over 25 years of experience. The Sunshine Sunrooms team works directly with homeowners to ensure that their sunroom is safe and enjoyable. With unparalleled customer service and a stellar reputation for sunroom construction, renovation, and maintenance, Sunshine Sunrooms is there for all your sunroom needs.
Call us at (972) 243-5390 or contact us online.